Midterm Oct. 2 End Q1 Nov. 1
Midterm Dec. 4 End Q2 Jan. 17
Midterm Feb. 26 End Q3 March 27
Midterm April 29 End Q4 May 28 (Seniors May 22)
November 7th & 12th 3:30-7:30pm
March 12th & 17th 3:30-7:30pm
Period 1: Chemistry 1
Period 2: Chemistry 2
Period 3: Hands on Science
Period 4: Biology
Flex A: Lunch B (lunch duty)
Period 5: Lunch
Period 6: Prep
Period 7: Physical Science
How can I improve my grade??
- Come Prepared! (Book, pen/pencil, notebook)
- Use the schoology site/videos/extra practice to help guide you at home
- Ask questions
- Retake test/quizzes that you didn't understand (an AVERAGE will be earned for the score) but you need to study at least 1 hour outside of class and have filled out a study tracker sheet AND it needs to be done within ONE WEEK of the test/quiz you'd like to retake
- Do your homework--don't just copy--that's not helping you learn at all.
- Ask a classmate to help explain it to you.
- Don't wait to get help! Come in before school, after school or during Mrs. Nelson's lunch or prep.
- Study a little at a time--avoid cramming
- Everyone learns DIFFERENTLY, you may learn quicker than others, slower than others but that's okay--It's more important you discover what WORKS FOR YOU.
Remember to bring a notebook for Earth Science, Physical Science and Chemistry.
Biology, and Anatomy & Physiology will benefit from having a binder.
All classes will use schoology.
Daily Schedule & Homework is posted on plan book. Your student is expected to write down the daily assignments from the board in class every day. Please follow the steps below to access your student's homework/grades. Please keep in mind the weekly schedule may change due to conflicts, student needs/pace or other reasons throughout the week. If you have questions please feel free to email me.
2. You will have to enter your students name and password to access grades and check for homework. If you are unsure of your user name and password contact the office and they will set you up!
The following are good web pages for science reviews:
3. www.edmodo.com (NEED YOUR USER)
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to contact me the following ways:
Phone: 507-493-5422 Ext. 243